It is award time once again.
The Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRAs) is already announced. The annual event which is now on its 30th edition brings together various categories in the commercial radio industry in Australia.
For this year, three new categories are listed. They are aimed to celebrate the best original podcasts from Australia. They include:
- Best original Podcast (Unbranded)
- Best Original Podcast (branded)
- Best Radio Show Podcast
For the year in view, 260 entries have been received from regional as well as metropolitan radio stations across Australia. It is exciting to know that over 200 finalists emerged from the provincial and country radio stations.
The gala event scheduled to take place at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition center on the 20th October comes up a day after the Radio Alive 2018 conference.
According to the chief executive of the Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRA), Joan Warner, a huge wealth of talents abounds in all regional and metropolitan radio stations in Australia.
NOTE: -M stands for metropolitan, C is for Country while P stands for Provincial.
Best On-Air Team (Metro Fm)
- The Kyle & Jackie O Show: Jackie Henderson & Kyle Sandilands, KIIS 106.5, Sydney (NSW), Australian Radio Network -M
- Kate, Tim & Marty: Tim Blackwell, Marty Sheargold& Kate Ritchie Nova Network, owned by NOVA Entertainment -M
- Hughesy & Kate: Kate Langbroek and Dave Hughes, of Hit Network, a part of Southern Cross Austereo -M
- Jonesy & Amanda: Amanda Keller and Brendan Jones, WSFM, Sydney NSW, of Australian Radio Network -M
- Fifi, Fev& Byron: Fifi Box, Byron Cooke & Brendan Fevola, Fox FM, Melbourne Victoria, Southern Cross Austereo -M
- Kennedy Molloy: Mick Molloy & Jane Kennedy, Triple M Network of Southern Cross Austereo -M
Best On-Air Team (Metro Am)
- Laurel, Gary & Mark: Laurel Edwards, Mark Hine & Gary Clare, 4KQ, Brisbane Queensland, Australian Radio Network -M
- Ray Hadley’s Continuous Call Team: Bob Fulton, Erin Molan, Ray Hadley, Darryl Brohman, Mark Levy, Mark Riddell & Chris Warren, 2GB, Sydney NSW, Macquarie Media Limited -M
- Breakfast with Steve & Basil: Basil Zempilas& Steve Mills, 6PR, Perth WA, Macquarie Media Limited -M
- David & Will: Will Goodings & David Penberthy, FIVEaa, Adelaide SA, NOVA Entertainment -M
Best On-Air Team Country & Provincial
- Bodge& Rach: Rachael Hart & Jason Bodger, Hit, Mid North Coast, Port Macquarie NSW, Southern Cross Austereo -C
- Bangers & Mash: Peter Harrison & Janeen Hosemans, 2BS Gold, Bathurst NSW, Bathurst Broadcasters -C
- The Morning Rush with Jon & Kate: Kate Meade & Jon Vertigan, 3YB, Warrnambool VIC, ACE Radio Broadcasters -C
- Brekkie with Courtney & Lippi: Courtney McIntyre & Matt Lipiarski, Mixx FM, Hamilton VIC, ACE Radio Broadcasters -C
- Mike E & Emma: Emma Chow & Michael Etheridge, The Edge, Western Sydney NSW, Australian Radio Network -P
- Jimmy & Nath: Nath Roye& Jimmy Smith, hit100.9, Hobart TAS, Southern Cross Austereo -P
- Heather, Dan & Ben: Heather Maltman, Ben Hannant& Dan Anstey, Sea FM, Gold Coast Queensland, Southern Cross Austereo -P
- Rabbit & Julie Goodwin: Julie Goodwin & Dave Rabbetts, Star 104.5, Gosford NSW, NOVA Entertainment -P
- Tanya & Steve Show: Steve Grahame & Tanya Wilks, KOFM, Newcastle NSW, Southern Cross Austereo –P.
The best radio stations in Australia is expected to go home with several wards.Read More